With so many floor lamps available to choose from, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you and which one will provide the lighting you need. There are many factors to consider when choosing a floor lamp such as style, design, size and lighting.
Lighting is by far the most important factor. You might choose to buy a beautiful lamp that fits well with your interior design, but if it does not supply you with the lighting you need to brighten the room, then it is useless. There are two main forms of light, which are accent lighting and task lighting.
At 1001floorlamps.com, there is a massive range of unique lamps to choose from. Once you have decided what the primary use of the floor lamp is for and what kind of lighting you require, you will be able to make the most informed decision possible
Modern and Contemporary Floor Lamps
There are many modern and contemporary floor lamps available and they can be used for different purposes. Some have been created with style and ambience in mind while others have been made for more practical purposes. The Quarry lamp is a great example of modern mood lighting. It has a clean bright appearance and would fit right in to any well decorated modern home. This light box sends out a soft glow and is an ideal light to have on if you are trying to relax and unwind after a long hard day in the office.
If you are looking for a modern task light in order to brighten a room enough to do some work or read a book, then the Dalton floor lamp is a good choice. It has a really distinctive shape and the head of the light is adjustable,so you can move it to wherever you need to create a bright work area.
Tiffany Floor Lamps
Tiffany floor lamps are extremely stylish and look great in any home. The colored glass lamp shades gives a great effectand illuminates the room in different colors. The 60H Burgundy Pine Branch Mission Floor Lamp is a beautiful multipurpose floor lamp. The patterned shade disperses a warm colorful light into the room while a bright clear light is released from underneath the lamp shade. This means that when it is situated next to a chair or table, it can be used for work or to read under.
Traditional and Vintage Floor Lamps
Traditional and vintage floor lamps are styles that have stood the test of time and remain popular. There are a variety of different styles encompassed within these categories and they all look classy. The Belour floor lamp is a classic lamp, which has a wonderful design. It is a real eye catcher and is also extremely practical. The bright white lamp shade gives off a good clean light for working or other various activities.
All other styles of lamps that do not fit in to a specific category can be found in the general floor lamp section. These lamps are all very individualized and they are real showpieces in any home. The Polished Nickel Hollywood Tripod floor lamp is a perfect example of this. It will become themain talking point in your home when you have guests over and will make a great feature in any room. It can be used in order to create a dramatic effect in the room or in a more functional way if required. It has a very clear and bright light and would be ideal for using in a study or office. The light can be angled in many different directions to create the right light for any situation.
If you live in a house that is limited on space, then you know how vital it is to pay close attention to how much space each piece of furniture takes. The same applies to those who are looking to take up space in a large room. Buying too big or too small furniture can really affect the overall feel of the room. One piece of furniture that offers varying shapes and sizes is a floor lamp.
Placing a floor lamp into a room is easily one of the best solutions when it comes to leveling out the balance of a room. There are many sizes to choose from when it comes to selecting a floor lamp. It really depends on what the floor lamp’s purpose will be in the room. If it is the main source of light, then it is a good idea to select a floor lamp that is tall and skinny in length as this will allow as much light as possible.
So, what size floor lamp should you buy? Consider the purpose of the floor lamp and go from there.
Detailed below are floor lamps that are ideal for any purpose or occasion:
Polished Nickel Bamboo Floor Lamp with Tray
- This versatile floor lamp will not only offer a sleek design, but also extra space for various things like pictures or remote controls. The overall height of this floor lamp does not exceed 58 inches and the width is approximately 20 inches. The polished nickel finish gives the floor lamp a modern feel and the size makes it ideal for any room. If you need to add a floor lamp that is basic in its design and doesn’t draw unwanted attention, then the Polished Nickel Bamboo Floor Lamp with Tray is an ideal choice.
Dalton Floor Lamp
- Designer Carolyn Kinder made quite a floor lamp masterpiece. The Dalton floor lamp offers simplicity with a touch of elegance. The base is square and features fine details ingrained into the wood. The floor lamp can be adjusted by using a handle bar that is attached to the light head. When space is extremely limited, then this floor lamp is the perfect solution.
Denton Floor Lamp
- Perhaps a slender wooden or steel rod is not the look you want. The Denton floor lamp offers an open design, which will give the illusion of more space wherever it is placed. A neat element of this floor lamp is the different shapes within the neck. The bottom portion is rectangular as the top portion features a circle. This adds a great design element into any room.
Malden Floor Lamp
- For a Victorian look, consider purchasing the Malden floor lamp. It offers a classic design, which consists of a slender body and curled rods towards the light head. It is a very skinny floor lamp, so it could be placed anywhere as it only takes up 18 inches of space. This would be a perfect all-purpose floor lamp as it is designed to meet lighting, space and décor needs.
As you can see, there are many different types of floor lamps available designed to meet and exceed any space or décor challenges. One of the main worries amongst home owners is obtaining pieces of furniture that are necessary, like a floor lamp, but are only provided with mediocre designs. Not only do these lamps solve your space dilemmas, they are also beautifully designed by well-known interior designs. All of the lamps listed were provided by 1001floorlamps.com, which is an excellent resource in locating great deals on multi-purpose floor lamps.
Floor lamps are a very important part of any room and can offer more than just lighting solutions. A good quality floor lamp can enhance the decoration and interior design of a room and can even become one of the main features of the room. It can be difficult to get hold of a great floor lamp sometimes and prices can also be a problem. This is why many people are choosing to restore their old lamps either to their former glory or by giving it a revamp to a modern style.
What you will need to restore an old floor lamp first off is a good lamp to work with. There is no point in spending time and money restoring a poor quality, cheap old lamp. However, if you have a solid wooden lamp stand or a vintage metal one, then you have something good to work with. The next thing you will need is some inspiration to work with and an idea of what you would like it to end up like. It is always good to look at the best lamps available and strive to recreate one of these, as you want it to end up looking impressive. One place to find some great lamps to draw inspiration from is 1001floorlamps.com.
Wood is probably one of the easiest materials to restore, as the natural material can be stripped back to its original form with a bit of hard work and from there you can start again. If you have a painted or varnished wooden floor lamp and it is either dirty, scratched, stained or just a bad color, then the first thing you must do is use sand paper to rub it down to the bare wood. You will need a rough texture paper to do most of the work and then a fine paper to smooth it off after. Always rub along the grain and be careful of any metal fittings at either end of the wood as you don’t want to scrape them.
The next stage is to decide what effect you would like the wood to have. If you like a natural finish, like the Arcacia Floor Lamp, then it is a good idea to sand it right back until you are happy with it and then give it a clear matt varnish in order to seal the finish. If you wish to go for something a little more colorful, then you need to select an appropriate paint or gloss.Working with metal is not quite so easy, but can be very worthwhile. The main problems that old metal lamps seem to get are scratches, rust or dents. The first thing to do is to get wire wool and begin rubbing the floor lamp down. The metal must be rubbed down untilthe paint has come off entirely, the rust has disappeared or you cannot get any more off. In order to fix rust problems, you can repaint the floor lamp with hammerite paint, which is a strong rust proof metal paint.
One thing that always finishes of a floor lamp restoration project is a new lamp shade. Shades always look worn out and dirty after a number of years and this finishing touch can give the lamp a whole new feel. If you are not big on DIY or do not feel comfortable trying these things out, then getting a new lamp is the only way to go. With the lamp being such an important part of the room, it can sometimes just be time to move on from the shabby old lamp and in with the new stylish one.
For any item in your house, there seems to be an accessory out there that claims to complete it. The same principle applies to floor lamps. With the economy dwindling, many home owners are looking for ways to enhance their home’s décor without spending an enormous amount of money. If you already have a floor lamp that needs a bit of retouching, then the task can be done in no time at all.
Virtually any store offers an array of floor lamp shades that come in varying colors, shapes and sizes. If the overall floor lamp is pleasing to you, but you feel like there needs to be a change somewhere, then consider switching out the lamp shade. By doing so, you can add more light to the room, complete the room’s décor or add an element of design that is refreshing. Lamp shapes are inexpensive and solely depend on the designer or the store you visit.
Besides switching out the lamp shade, there are also seems to be an endless supply of light chains for floor lamps. If your floor lamp is controlled by a light chain, then it offers ease and flexibility when it comes to changing it. Most light chains can be easily changed as most practice the snap system, which consist of placing the ends together into a slot and snapping them into place. There are so many light chains to choose from, but once you decide how you want to accessorize your lamp, like modern or vintage, then selecting a light chain will be an easy task.
A fun, do-it-yourself project could be adding tassels, lace or other fabric to the round part of a floor lamp shade. Even adding little jewels or fabric outs such as hearts or basic shapes like circles can add a personable and stylish look to your floor lamp. There are also floor lamp shades that allow you to transfer images. The floor lamp shape consists of a special type of fabric that will withstand heat to allow for pictures, jewels or other design elements to be added.
There are even accessories that offer you the chance of covering up the rod that attaches to the light head. Some are circular in their design while others offer a squarer modern look. The materials used in these accessories are made up fabrics or paper and are easily attached either by a snap system or Velcro. These types of accessories are interchangeable, so whenever you’d like a different look for your floor lamp, it can easily be done in a matter of minutes.
You may also want to look for floor lamps that offer a line of accessories that are only for a specific type of lamp, such as Tiffany floor lamps. This brand of floor lamps offer numerous designs and light shades to create a completely new look. Tiffany floor lamps are created with and expertise, so the lifespan of these floor lamps can last for a very long time.
Instead of purchasing a new floor lamp, you can easily change it by purchasing an array of accessories that are specifically made for floor lamps. It is an inexpensive way of updating the look of an outdated floor lamp and many of those who have used accessories to complete a design say that it is a fun experience. Lamp shades, chains and rod cover ups come in all types of colors and designs, so accessories for floor lamps are easy to customize and all it takes on your behalf is searching for the type of accessory you need.
One of the best kept secrets amongst interior designers is floor lamps. Many home owners think that by adding expensive furniture or new flooring can make a dull room exciting; however, by adding something as simple as a floor lamp can do wonders to any room’s décor.
Floor lamps are making their way into many homes, especially now given the advancement of technology and design. There are many ways to transform a floor lamp to either match the existing décor or to completely add a new element of design such as floor lamp shades or accessories. Floor lamps have most definitely evolved over the last 20 years and now floor lamps come in all shapes and sizes. No matter what type of floor lamp you need or are looking for, 1001floorlamps.com offers an abundance supply of modern, traditional and vintage floor lamps.
If you live in an older house or apartment, then you know that a floor lamp is vital. Most of these older buildings do not include an overhead light in rooms such as living rooms or bedrooms. Light switches exist in these rooms simply to turn on or off the floor lamp you have set in place. When the only source of light is from a floor lamp, then it is extremely important to choose one that will offer great lighting. For simplicity and a finished look, the Simple Wood Roped floor lamp is ideal and inexpensive.
Incorporating a floor lamp into a room’s décor doesn’t require a massive amount of planning or thinking. As long as you have a creative mind, then the task can be done. What is really important is to list the reasons as to how a floor lamp will benefit the room. Obviously, if you do own a home that doesn’t offer overhead lighting in various rooms, then this fact will trump the others.
Floor lamps are no longer an item to be looked at as a needed necessity. Many floor lamps offer unique designs that can add spice to any room. Perhaps you would like the room to be equal in its design and right now you have a floor lamp that looks like it came from the 1960s. Update it by going modern! The perfect modern floor lamp that can fit any room’s décor is the Mancelona floor lamp. It offers a sleek look, which will not take up a huge amount of space, plus it’s designed in a way that makes it versatile.
Of course, going for the vintage look is not bad as long as it is done tastefully. Too many times the vintage look gets out of hand because a home owner feels the need to include every vintage piece they find into the room. By adding one vintage piece such as a floor lamp, the room will be balanced in its design. There are many traditional and vintage floor lamps to choose from, but one of the most popular floor lamps would have to be the Aimery floor lamp. Its simple design and cooper bronze look adds a touch of sophistication to any room.
As you can see, incorporating a floor lamp into a room’s décor can be done. It will take time and patience to find the perfect floor lamp, but the end result is worth it. Something as simple as a floor lamp can bring the whole room’s design together and it is cost-effective to add a floor lamp because purchasing new furniture or flooring can definitely put a dent in your wallet or savings. No matter what your taste in design is like, there is a floor lamp out there for you.
One of the most entertaining activities a person can do is to decorate their home décor according to their specific tastes and needs. Sometimes household items get in the way and the decision to either let the item stay or go can be challenging. For some individuals, a floor lamp is the only source of light in a given room. Many apartments, condos and even older houses are designed this way, so if your place of residence is like that, then getting rid of a floor lamp to follow the home décor is not an option.
Fortunately, there are many decorative and stylish floor lamps to choose from at 1001FloorLamps.com. When a floor lamp is a must, then obviously you will need to design successfully around it. Depending on the complexity of your design and the floor lamp, designing around a floor lamp is rather easy.All it takes is a creative mind and careful planning tools and tips to create a beautiful home décor that includes a floor lamp.
How to Design Around a Floor Lamp:
- Choose which room in the house that will be getting a makeover. From there, grab a blank sheet of paper and a pencil and you are ready to sketch out the design of the room. You can do it freehand; however, sometimes it is best to know the measurements of the furniture to accurately know how much space you will need for each item in your sketch. During this phase, you will want to include every item that will be in the room on a daily basis. Some of these items include a couch, entertainment center, coffee table and a floor lamp. If the room is tight in space, then selecting a floor lamp that doesn’t take up too much space is definitely needed. The Crystal Estrella Orb Floor Lamp is slender in its shape, giving added space, but it still contains a design element.
- Positioning the items in the room is everything. A room that has virtually no extra space can be transformed in such a way that gives the illusion that the room has vast amounts of space. Designers always choose one main focal point of the room to draw the eyes to and they do this because this is the illusion factor. Whenever you can draw your or somebody else’s eyes to something, the surrounding elements tend to be ignored or forgotten. Consider what the main focal point would be in your room and design around it. It could be anything such as a window that lets in a lot of light, a fireplace or even a beautiful painting. Some home owners make their main focal point on items that necessarily aren’t the average main focal points, as mentioned before. A floor lamp can add to any room’s décor while also giving an element of sophistication and design. For interesting floor lamps, consider the Amarna or Devonte. Each of these floor lamps offers a modern and contemporary look to any room.
- Invest in furniture that has multiple uses. Now days, it seems as if every type of furniture can be used more than the one way it was destined for. If the design of the room includes a floor lamp, make sure to choose one that will add to the room in various ways such as a floor lamp with an area for storage. The same principle can applied when adding flare to the room. Tiffany floor lamps or modern floor lamp designs can instantly add style to any room while also serving its primary purpose.